K-Line Springfield – Sherwood Green
At the crossroads of blues, rock and country, the double-cutaway design is the standard by which most electric guitars are judged. Once believed to be futuristic in its design, the double cutaway is now instantly recognizable as a classic beauty.
Never one to settle for “the way it’s always been done,” K-Line master builder Chris Kroenlein sought to improve this double cutaway classic, The Springfield, by improving the neck pocket angle to allow for better intonation and tone. The end result is a better break angle and smoother operation of the tremolo system. With the addition of top notch electronics, the Springfield plays better than a vintage instrument, but still projects all the vintage vibe.
- Build: Alder body, one-piece maple neck with 21 frets, Callaham vintage bridge
- Electrics: Lollar K-Line Custom A5 pickups with five-way switch, one volume and two tone controls
- Scale length: 648mm/25.5″
- Neck width: Nut 42mm, 12th fret 51.5m
- Depth of neck: First fret 21mm, 12th fret 22.5mm
- String spacing: Nut 36mm, Bridge 56mm
- Action as supplied: 12th fret treble 1.5mm, 12th fret bass 1.75mm
- Weight: 7.8lbs.
K-LINE SPRINGFIELD – 2011 GUITAR OF THE YEAR WINNER, Best Electric Guitar over £1000.