Comins GCS-1 – Vintage Blond
The GCS-1 is a solidly built semi-hollow guitar designed for musicians looking for a well-made practical and roadworthy musical instrument. Inherently versatile, it can produce a myriad of tonalities suitable for blues, rock, country, and jazz playing.
It is adorned by a laminated flame Maple top with a laminated Sapele back, and the sides/internal block structure are routed from a solid wood core. This design yields a balanced and even articulation with enhanced sustain characteristics. Included is a TKL hard-shell case.
- Body Dimensions: 14 5/8” lower bout width, 1 5/8” depth
- Top: Laminated flame Maple
- Back: Laminated Sapele
- Body and Neck Wood:Eastern Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12” radius, 24.75” scale length, 1.70” nut width, dot position markers
- Neck: Medium C shape, comfortably contoured
- Pickups and electronics: Custom wound Kent Armstrong humbucking pickups, 3 way toggle switch, (2) volume and (2) tone controls. One of the tone controls is a push/pull pot converting both pickups to single coil mode.
- Hardware finish: Chrome
- Tuners: Wilkinson, smooth 19:1 gear ratio
- Binding: Multi-ply ivory/black surround the peghead, neck, and body back with additional plies surrounding the body top
- Average Weight: 7.5 lbs. (varies plus or minus 6%)
- Color: Vintage Blond